Sunday, February 3, 2019

Pizza, Pizza, and More Pizza!


Image result for nyc pizza
Image result for nyc pizza       



My absolute favorite food is pizza! I could probably eat pizza for every meal. One of my favorite things to do with my family is to make home made pizzas. As a family we decide on different toppings to create unique pizza pies! Some of our favorites are eggplant pizza, meatball pizza, and taco pizza. It's a lot of fun coming up with different pizza creations and then getting to enjoy eating them together. Another thing I like to do is go into the city New York City with friends and try out different pizza places. My two favorite pizza places in the city are Artichoke Basile and Prince Street pizza. Artichoke Basile is known for their spinach and artichoke pizza which is very delicious. Prince Street Pizza has the best pepperoni slice. They are known for their small crispy pepperonis piled onto a square slice (pictured top right). To make your very own pizza pie you'll need pizza dough, tomato sauce, and any toppings you desire!

Here are some of my favorite homemade pizza recipes:https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/homemade-pizza/



Vocabulary:
1. Unique- being unlike anything else
2. Eggplant- dark purple vegetable
3. Creations- designing or making something
4. Artichoke-type of vegetable
5. Crispy- food that is firm
6. Dough- mixture of flour and liquid used for baking into bread
7. Desire- a strong feeling of wanting something


Vocabulary Activity:
1. Which word means a strong feeling of wanting something?____________________

2. Which two vocabulary words could be toppings for a pizza?
_____________________ and _________________________

3. What is a unique pizza you would make?_____________________________________________________________________________

4. Change the word desire to the past tense__________________

5. Which word means to design or make something__________________________


Grammar Activity:

Write a paragraph about a food you made before using the past tense:


Example: Last week I made tacos for dinner. The tacos took a long time to make, but the wait was worth it. I used flour tortillas as my taco base. I also used chicken, tomatoes, guacamole, and cheese for the inside of my tacos. I served the tacos with chips and salsa. The meal was delicious and fun to make.


1 comment:

  1. Delicious entry! You have a good selection of vocabulary words.

    ReplyDelete