Link to view the Boone Hall plantation: https://www.boonehallplantation.com/toursadmission/
1. Plantation: a large farm or land area where a particular type of crop is grown.
2. Grits: similar to oatmeal, a dish of corn kernels mixed with milk or water that you eat
3. Biscuit: a small, round cake of bread
4. Boardwalk: a wooden walkway usually along a beach
5. Historic: famous/important in history
6. City: A place where people live that is larger than a town.
7. Slaves: a person who is legal property of another person
Directions: Put the correct missing vocabulary word in the sentences below.
1. For breakfast I had a bowl of __________ it was warm and delicious!
2. I took a walk on a ______________ with my family. We watched the sunset over the ocean.
3. When I went to visit the ____________ there was large buildings and many people. It was much bigger than the town I live in!
4. Charleston is a very _____________ city there is so much important history that can be learned when visiting.
5. _______________ is a large area were crops are grown.
6. I ate a very buttery and soft ___________ it was so yummy.
7. ______________ were people who were looked at as property and treated very unfairly.
-In your writing journal write a journal entry using the past tense about your favorite trip or place you visited.
*Past tense example: Last summer I visited Hawaii with my family.
*remember words that end with "ed" show past tense (visited). It shows something that has happened in the past.