Thursday, March 7, 2019
Half Marathon in Central Park NYC
This April I will run my first ever half marathon in New York City. I am so excited and a little bit nervous. This marathon is called the SHAPE Women's Half Marathon. A half-marathon is a run that is 13.1 miles long. I have been training for this run for the past 12 weeks. I will be running this marathon with my two cousins and friends. Running can be fun and a great way to exercise. Depending on the weather I either run inside on a treadmill or outside on a trail. Running is also a good way to relieve stress. A lot of people find running to be therapeutic. I enjoy pushing myself to run further and further and creating new goals for myself. Running has always been a big part of my life and I am looking forward to accomplishing my first half marathon.
Link to learn more about my half marathon: https://www.nyrr.org/races/shapewomen39shalfmarathon
1. marathon-long distance running race
2. training-taking on a particular task of exercising
3. treadmill-an exercise machine for running or walking
4. trail- a path
5. relieve- take away something
6. therapeutic- calming or relaxing
7. accomplishing- to be successful or achieve a goal
1. Put the seven vocabulary words in alphabetical order on the lines below:
2. Change the word relieve, training, and accomplishing to the past tense:
3. Would you want to run in a marathon one day? Why or why not:
4. Fill in the blank: When I run inside I use a _____________________.
5. Create a sentence using the word trail:_________________________________________
Directions: Circle all the verbs in the paragraph. Choose 4 verbs you found and make 4 new sentences.
-Verbs are action words. Such as: ran, jumped, ate, played, yelled